Friday, August 8, 2014

Excuses, excuses.....

It’s Friday and I still haven’t written my post for this week. Here’s why…

My tomatoes have been stricken by the blight…..


And then I found this nasty guy (girl) covered in eggs ready to eat what’s left of them.
 So I’m canning as fast as I possibly can.


The Japanese beetles haven’t let up….


Even though the Assasin bugs are out in force. 
(Assasin bugs might look nasty but they are one of your best allies in the war on Japanese beetles.)

The cucumbers are growing prolifically and I’ve finally found a way to make crisp pickles after nearly 20 years of trying! (Hoping to post about that next week!)
This morning I found this Siamese cucumber.


Everything seems to be ready at once in the garden. The potatoes are ready to come out of the ground.


The carrots should have come out a few weeks ago!


And I have more beans than I know what to do with.


So please forgive me for being a slacker blogger. If your garden is anything like mine, you don’t have time to be reading my silly blog anyway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment